Senior Staff Accountant
Rocky Hill, CT
Put your problem-solving skills to work as a Senior Accountant at our fast paced and challenging CPA firm in Rocky Hill, CT. This is a great opportunity for a highly skilled, energetic self-starter, detail-oriented person will a high attention to detail and client attentiveness to join our dynamic growing organization. The position entails:
- Prepare and review tax returns for Individuals, S & C-Corporations, Partnerships, Trusts, and Not for Profits.
- Preparing and reviewing amended returns.
- Preparing Tax Planning Analysis and Projections.
- Responsible for overall management of client accounts, including handling routine client questions, and work with clients to obtain necessary information for financial and tax return completion.
- Communicate improvement and business growth opportunity ideas regarding clients to management.
- Researching IRS and various state notices on an independent basis.
- Preparing accurate tax work papers.
- Conduct tax research for all situations.
- Assist other staff with software & support in tax and accounting issues.
- Make journal entries for monthly, quarterly year-end clients including bank and General Ledger reconciliation with minimal supervision. Discuss with client’s monthly, quarterly and year-end adjustments to be made.
- Fixed asset maintenance.
- Generating Trial balance, balance sheets profit and loss & financial statements.
- Analyze current and prior year General Ledger for clients.
- Responsible for analysis of income statements and balance sheets and communicate findings to management.
- Supervise annual closing process for clients.
- Maintain accurate information by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions, resolving any discrepancies found.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Help build organization finance and accounting infrastructure and internal controls.
- Possible opportunities to represent before the IRS and CT Department of Revenue.
- Responsible for specific client internal control audits.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, MBA preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of previous work-related experience.
- CPA earned or in progress.
- Previous experience in a small-to-mid sized office environment is preferred.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be proficient in Excel, and QuickBooks Desktop.
- Drake software experience is a plus.
- Previous experience in bank reconciliations, General Ledger, month end and yearly closings.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines and budgets.
- Perform complex financial analysis.
Soft skills for Senior Staff Accountant Roll:
- Integrity, Intellectual Strength and Agility
- Passionate learner and welcomes opportunities to be stretched.
- Bring an Entrepreneurial point of view to the Senior Tax Accountant role.
- An energized professional – seeking greater responsibilities and more autonomy with clients.
- Passion and curiosity to look through the financials into the business, to identify potential opportunities for client gain.
- Engaging and thrive in building relationships internally and externally.